Tuesday 11 February 2014

Japan, Day 4

Day 4 had me waking up after the best sleep I have had since arriving here.

Very well rested I awoke at about 0900 and sat around doing nothing for a bit - it was awesome, its not often I get a sleep this solid, I took a few pics off my camera and decided to plug the charger in and charge the battery up a bit so I could get a heap of pics in from the days events. Problem with that was as I sat around doing nothing for a bit longer than planned I realized I only had 15 minutes before checking out. Oh crap I thought as I raced around trying to pack everything and get down stairs to checkout. As per normal when you are rushing around you forget shit, on this occasion it was the camera charger with the battery inserted.

I was picked up from the hotel and we made our way to the office of Gan Craft. Everyone was looking very tired after a big few days but still like always always going out of their way to make me feel at home (i feel the knowing what its like to be king syndrome coming on here) with coffee's fishing shows on the TV and all the toys I could play with.

The folks decided it was time to go to lunch and on the menu today was Ramen, its like hearing I had won a million bucks knowing we were heading out for an authentic tonkatsu ramen. The small Ramen shop in Tanabe is awesome and tastes like no where else I have ever eaten. I ordered my Ramen and a side of gyoza and sat patiently for it to arrive. Like a shiney piece of gold on a plate it was placed in front of me. Ok I thought out with the camera to get a few pics of this culinary delight, camera out and lens cleaned I proceeded to take a pic - it was then that it hit me, my damned battery and charger were still at the hotel plugged in to the wall. With slight disappointment I reached into my pocket and pulled out the iphone for a pic. So please forgive me the iphone was all I had handy to share my day and I did not have the urge to pull it out too often.

We made our way towards the hotel but not without stopping at a tackle store for a perusal at the local goods, I picked up a couple of micro jigs and a small tackle organizer for all my small bits and pieces that will fit into my large Gan Craft bag.

Arrived at the hotel and Kotaro was kind enough to go in and break what communication barrier I would have had to get the charger back. All power up we headed back to Gan Craft to prepare for tomorrows Bass trip. While sitting at the office I was handed a new Gan Craft/SLP T3 Custom MAGO. This awesome little black bait caster will be used tomorrow to tackle the bass of biwa.

Car packed and we were on our way with a slight detour to drop off some lures for Gekki Yoshida who was staying in Osaka for an media interview tomorrow. We caught up with Gekki and had a quick loo and canned coffee stop before making our way to Moriyama-shi just south east of Lake Biwa. We are now checked into the hotel and ready to roll in the morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment