Sunday 9 February 2014

Osaka Fishing Tackle Show 2014 Day 2




Kicking it on the Gan Craft stage
 Day 2 at the Osaka Fishing Tackle show is the first of 2 public days, in Japan the anglers really get involved in the shows and embrace the whole tackle culture.

This year started off a little slow as snow fall had closed some of the highways into the show so the queue's were not as big as last year, this time they were only about 5 deep and both queues added up to about 700meters long. IOt was interesting to see that people were queued in their cars the night prior waiting for their spot in the ticket line and not just one or two but enough to form a line around the whole exhibition center, even now as I look out my hotel window I can see cars lined up waiting for the  car park to open  for day 3, I would have taken some photo's but I may have been a little hung over to manage getting to the show in a timely manner.
giving away stickers after the stage talk

The people were still think even though there were issues with closed roads, I found some new tackle to play with and some of which that I wish to start bring to Australia so keep and eye out on some product updates in time to come.

I spent some time on the Gan Craft stage talking egi with the punters on the stage this was very cool but lots of pressure with the language barrier, every one was very keen to find out about how we fish in Australia. The big difference between here and at home is land based versus boat, its not common to have a boat in Japan for normal anglers so most is done land based so they found it very interesting to know what water access we have with boats but were also equally amazed to hear that our government actually have places we are not allowed to fish land based - just like us they thought that was stupid.
Gan Craft stage

I did not manage to get to the second hall today as I spent most of my time close by the Gan Craft and GOSEN stands signing stuff and getting pics with some local anglers, friends new and old and other staff shenanigans.

Enough about my boring crapola I am sure you will all get more from the pics - enjoy






Gan Craft egi talk

Mr Hiraiwa (Gan Carft founder) and gekki

Rock paper scissors at the GOSEN Stand

GOSEN Pro Staff Girls team and I - I had to stand down a stair so we could all get in frame - they are very little

At the shine to the jointed claw

hahahahah - I have nothing to say - this was for the adults




for those who like the Sharcrazy colors this is the Sharcrazy team leader 


Magbite stand model

Geecrack

Jackall kids lure coloring

Mr Hiraiwa on the Decoy stand

Keiji B Ootomo - Sumizoku staff - awesome guy

Ayu rods

SLP Steez

T3 toy box

SLP Custom stand








No comments:

Post a Comment